Thursday, December 3, 2009

Blog Topic #8: iPoint Critique

I like the use of colors very much, the blue and the gray match very harmoniously. The image on the front page is very eye catching. I liked the little symbol in the "o" indicating that the company did not only deal in domestic matters. I would have liked to see more congruency with the delivery information, If they are all in the same position independent of what page you are on it is easier to keep track of it.
I liked the color scheme, thought the dark colors was very representative of the company Karl described. I liked how everything was very clearly divided. The logo looked very sharp on the top corner. I liked the imagery on the top, perhaps the image can change with each page. I would have chose to make the page header image fixed so that it lines up with the image above it. The picture needs to be fixed aswell(Maybe you can use the DIVs we learned about). Also the buttons should have the dotted lines removed when activated, and perhaps inverting the color of the text as well as the background.
I liked the colors but thought they might have been a little to dark, maybe an accent color would help. I liked the logo and how the "i point" really stood out. I think some imagery would have really helped as well.
I liked the layout very much, it is nice to see something different about a site, it makes you want to explore more. I liked the animation and how it created the logo, a great way to have your brand recognized further. Great use of shapes the design is very nice. I liked the colors a lot but I do think the city looks like a night shot. I also wanted to mention that the scroll bar allows you to scroll so that there is almost no content on the page.
I felt the design would suit a technological site very well. I liked the use of gradients on the buttons. I thought the navigation was very effective and the colors really helped the information be brought out.
I think the colors really stand out. Th imagery is very beautiful and the alignment is really strong(The page header should line up with the photograph). The gradient background is a nice touch too. I liked how everything was very angular and felt the buttons should also be angular. Perhaps they could be a little larger so the text can be a little more spaced out.
Nice use of lines ans alignment. The effects on the logo was a little much, perhaps bring it down to match the hover states of the buttons. I kind of expected the picture of the phone to link to e-mail also. I really liked the Clients page and especially the bio page, the pictures were really sharp and were positioned very nicely.
I liked the use of background images, and the design elements were pretty cool. I think the buttons hues are too close together and need a little bit of differentiation. I liked the sidebar, it made viewing the content much easier on my wide-screen laptop where many of the sites including my own are cut off in the middle.
I liked the imagery used. And the added informative text comes in very handy. I think the contrast of the links on the bottom is to similar making the text hard to read. The use of greens was to broad. I would ave stuck with fewer shades of green. I would have liked to see the banner only rounded on the top. And maybe you could add some pictures to the bios page.
This was probably my favorite site. I loved the layout and the color scheme. The logo was simple and clever. The images suited the site very well. The only suggestions I could make are the ones that Karl recommended in class. The yellows hue is a little bright. The extra link on the bottom to and from the public and private sector. The bio page implies hierarchy but we all know how hard it can be to find the right images.
I liked the logo but I kind of wonder if the "i" could be the same height as the rest of the logo. The images were very interesting, I thought the clients page with the Network(Style) photo fit very well. The text that takes up the whole width of the page, is a little hard to read. I would have liked to see some margin and the same text areas across all pages.
Very interesting site, it looks very futuristic. I definatly agree with Karl when he was talking about the amount of different depths can get confusing. I would change the images to be on top of the background and not look like it is even lower. I would like to see the use of at least one more distinct color, or maybe the pictures only need a slight tint of the blue. I liked the layout very much, The placement of everything worked very well and seemed to fit beautifully.
The page layout made it very easy to distinguish the different areas of information. I liked the colors but thought it could use one additional color. I liked the use of lines to separate page content, but I felt it could do without on the contact page, perhaps only underlining them. The contact information is one body of information, I don't feel telephone, facsimile or email need to be separate.
I liked the logo alot, and the buttons. I felt the need for a home or about button. I think the banner was too large. I liked how the email-us button was very noticeable, probably the main purpose of the site, to help lead generation. I liked the colors a lot but I would have liked to see the red balanced, maybe with the same color bar on the bottom.
I think the colors really made the site easy to view, they work really nice. I like the structure of the page a lot, but I wish there was a little more distinct division of the different elements. Maybe you could use lines or change the colors when doing the banner or button area. The imagery you have is very good, but I think you could add to it. I would try adding some pictures.
I liked the fact that the layout scaled to different browser sizes, and maintained the structure. The buildings were very cool and the colors worked well together. I would have liked to see another color in the color scheme. The navigational structure was very easy and clear. I liked the gradient line in the page headers.
I liked the colors and page structure a lot. Everything seemed to be in the right place and it flowed very logically. The gray and gray looks very sharp, orange is a good accent color, just make sure the text has enough weight(bold) so it can easily be read. Some of the pages page headers are inconsistent, I would not have them change position. The links on the bottom should be evenly space as well. It would be a good idea to have similar size and shapes of the pictures in the bio, I like the composition of the four to the left, it would be fun to try and use gradients to blend them together.
The page layout and structure was very cool. I was a little confused by the buttons over states, when the actual text seemed to move. But I liked that the button indicated which page you where on. I liked most of the colors, but I think I would have used a different color to replace the light blue background, actually maybe have a variation of background color when it comes to the page header, buttons and/or the text content area.
Nice simplistic design, very traditional. The colors chosen go well with each other. I could not find any errors in the site, and everything seemed to work really well together. I would have liked to see some imagery, some type of dynamism would be fun to add.
Very nice design, I liked the curves very much. I liked the repetition of the circles found on the services page and the gradient behind the buttons. The colors were very cool, the different grays had just the right contrast. The only thing I noticed was that some of the images mostly text was a little over optimized.
The navigation buttons were a it confusing, changing depending on which page it was on. I liked the color scheme a lot and I thought the logo was very clever using lower case "i"s in the name. The structure fit perfectly on my screen, and it seemed to scale appropriately.
I liked the site colors very much. The pictures and layout and text were very cool. I liked the logo a lot. The button navigation was cool, but I would have made a few changes. I would leave the over state of the button when on a certain page. Also the bio pages should have links to all the people on the actual page, not just from the spry drop down menu(It took me a little while to find it).

If you have any clarifying questions about my comments please feel free to e-mail me at ouyang.klarence@gmail.com or ask me in class.

No comments: